Ask Me

47 Ronin (2013)

I haven't read 47 Ronin's novel by John Allyn yet, but I have listened the story about these courageus samurai from my brother. You don't have to read the novel first before watching 47 Ronin movie. ULTIMATELY DIFFERENT ! It's just an inspired movie not an adaption one.



Genre : Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Running Time : 119 min

a brief storyline

A group of samurai and of course an outcast, Kai (Keanu Reeves) join the leader, Oishi (Hiroyuki Sanada) to seek vengeance upon the new ruthless lord, Kira (Tadanobu Asano) who killed their lord, Asano (Min Tanaka). 



a fair review

At first, I was afraid to watch this movie because I didn't understand at all the whole plotline of 47 Ronin. Fortunately, I brought my brother to tell me the main plot. It's REALLY different from the novel, but the main plot is still there, about the revenge of samurai. 


I don't know why this movie include some unimportant additionals, like the power of witchcraft and an outcast. Although, I really am impressed by Keanu Reeves' acting as an outcast. Oh my, he is back. You can see countless close-ups of him. But, I feel Kai's character is made just for asking the audience for symphaty. I don't like it. I want him to be a hero from the beginning (in fact, he turns out to be a hero too in the end).


One thing that I enjoy so much is the sword-play action by all the samurai, including Kai's fighting. I also love how this movie brings out well Japanese culture of Shogun at that time. Japanese culture is always beautiful. I don't know why, I don't have many words to say about this movie. Maybe I get bored? Just a little.


a brief closure

The main topic of this movie is about revenge, sacrifice and death. I can smell all of that points in this movie. They have sacrificed so much and unfortunately the reward they get is just their death in an honour way. Sigh. Don't bother yourself to watch this movie unless you love Keanu Reeves. 



Rating : 6,8 / 10

SHARE ON:

Hello guys, I'm Marchella. I'm a 24 years old part time blogger from Indonesia. I'm also a food lovers. I love everything delicious to see.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment